Your property must have an EPC to do so and from April 2018, it will be unlawful to let a building with an EPC rating F or G.
A Commercial Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), aka a non-domestic EPC, rate how energy efficient your commercial building is using grades from A to G (with A the most efficient grade). This is then presented in a graph format and comes with a separate recommendation report.
- A commercial EPC is required by law of selling, renting or leasing a building, however some buildings are exempt.
- Fines for non-compliance, imposed by trading standards are the responsibility of the building owner.
- CSR sustain assessors are all registered with a government accreditation scheme and qualified for up to level 5 classified buildings.
- The certificate is valid for 10 years.
- All the certificates are lodged on the .gov register and can be retrieved using a 24 digit pin.
- All buildings require inspection by a qualified assessor.
- The certificate should be provided within 28 days of commencement of marketing.
- For Level 3 & 4 Buildings, the EPC report is produced using SBEM Methodology.
- Level 5 Buildings the EPC report is produced by using Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM) Methodology.
Contact us today for more advice or a quote for your own Commercial EPC.
Manchester Office: 0161 762 5670
Or email: email@example.com